No Appointment Needed. Visit Mid-Month For Faster Service.
Inspection Express provides a fast and friendly service that is, thorough vehicle inspection. Our clean and female-friendly atmosphere welcomes you all. We never up-sell, we only do inspections. Our customer service is excellent and we are here to take care of your car inspections. Contact us today to know more.
In order for you to have the quickest inspection possible, here is a list of things you must bring with you in order to pass your inspection.
Here are few common items that you may want to check that will cause you to fail your inspection if they are working correctly or up to state standards:
• What do I need to bring with me to have my vehicle inspected?
- All you need is a current copy of your Texas insurance and your vehicle.
• What do I need if my vehicle is registered out of state?
- A copy of your current Texas insurance and your vehicle. Out of State insurance will be accepted if it meets Texas’ minimum liability insurance requirements. (30/60/25)
• What does the state inspection entail?
- There are two parts of the state inspection. The first part is a safety inspection and the second part is an emissions inspection.
• During the safety inspection we check:
- Tires - Brake/Tail Lights - Tail Light Lenses - Brakes - Seat Belts - Wheel Assembly - Parking Brake - Power Steering - Exhaust System - Headlights (High and Low beams) - License plate lights - Turn Signals - Horn - Window Tint
• During the emissions inspection on a vehicle that is 1996 and newer:
- The emissions test on newer vehicles is called an OBDII test
- We do this by attaching the emissions tester to your vehicle’s computer. The status (ON/OFF) of the vehicle’s check engine light is the most important part of the test. If your check engine light stays on your vehicle will not pass the inspection.
• If there is a crack in my windshield will my car pass?
- Yes. You will pass as long as the crack in your windshield does not interfere with your ability to see or affect the function of your wiper blades.
• My check engine light is on, will my vehicle fail inspection?
- If the year of your car is 1996 and newer, yes, your car will fail inspection. If you drive a diesel vehicle or anything older than 24 years, a safety-only inspection will be performed; therefore, if you have a check engine light on, you will not fail the inspection.
• If my check engine light is on, can I reset my computer by disconnecting the battery?
- When your battery is disconnected it sends your computer into “not ready” status and when your computer is in “not ready” status your vehicle will fail the emissions portion of the inspection.
• How do I fix my check engine light?
- Take your vehicle to a mechanic! They will run a diagnostic test on your vehicle to determine why your check engine light is on.
• What happens if I fail my inspection?
- You will have 15 days to have your vehicle re-tested, according to state law. After 15 days we’re required to run the entire inspection again, although we will not re-charge you, unlike most of our competitors.
• Do I have to pay if my vehicle fails?
- Yes, it is Texas state law.
• Does Sticker Express benefit from failing vehicles?
- We do not benefit from failing vehicles. We are not a repair shop. Therefore, when a vehicle fails the inspection, the repairs have to be done elsewhere. When you come back to have your vehicle re-inspected (within 15 days) you will not be charged again. We actually have to do more work for no additional money when your vehicle fails. We don’t like failing you as much as you don’t like to fail.
• Other helpful resources
-For more information about Texas Vehicle Inspection Program click the link below.
• For more information about emissions testing please click the link below.
For more information about government rebate offers for vehicles 10+ years old, click the link below.